One of my families favorite salad’s is the rainbow salad. It is different every time we make it because it all depends on what we have in the house at the time. The main goal is to try to get as many colors as possible into the bowl and make it beautiful. For this one, we used:
- Large handful of Kale, torn into bite sized pieces (you could use any dark leafy greens)
- 1/2 head of Romaine
- 1/2 each of Red, Yellow and Orange bell peppers
- Baby tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1-2 Carrot
- 1-2 Celery Stalks
- 1 avocado
- A handful of blueberries
Start with the greens on the bottom.
Cut all the veggies into bite size pieces.
Layer the colors so you can see them all.
Sprinkle with Blueberries (for extra color and flavor).
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste (optional)
Whisk the dressing together and pour on top if the salad about 10 minutes before serving.