Pumpkin Spice Smoothie Bowl
Calling all pumpkin spice lovers!
Pumpkins are not only delicious…they are a powerhouse of healthy nutrients.
DID YOU KNOW…….
- Pumpkins are great for your eyesight. In fact, just 1 cup of pumpkin puree provides 200% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin A, which benefits your vision.
- Pumpkins aid in weight loss. One cup of pumpkin offers a healthy dose of 3 grams of fiber, about 50 calories and no fat. It takes your body longer to digest high fiber foods like pumpkin, so eating more of this orange treat will keep you feeling full longer.
- Pumpkins are high in fiber, which helps your digestive system.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in phytosterols, which have been shown to reduce LDL cholesterol (commonly referred to as the “bad cholesterol”).
- Pumpkins may aid in cancer prevention, since they are naturally rich in the antioxidant beta carotene, a known cancer fighter.
- Pumpkins may benefit your skin: they contain “carotenoids,” which can keep skin from wrinkling.
- Pumpkins can boost your mood! These orange delights are rich in the amino acid “tryptophan,” which influences the production of serotonin, a major mood-impacting brain chemical!
- Pumpkins are excellent post-workout. With 564 milligrams of potassium in one cup, pumpkin bests bananas for post-workout recovery.
- Pumpkins can boost your immunity! With 11 grams of vitamin C per cup, pumpkin provides nearly 20% of the recommended daily allowance for women (men need a little more).
So go ahead and dig in!!! Pumpkin indulgence it is!!