What’s better than fresh sweet corn in the summer? This light summer preparation makes for a delicious, filling and highly nutritious side dish. My family loves it and I hope you will too!
- 4 ears fresh corn – husked, boiled briefly (about 5 minutes) and removed from the cob OR you can use frozen corn thawed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons (white if possible) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Mix all the ingredients of the salad together gently. Whisk dressing together and pour over the salad. Allow to sit for a few hours or more to incorporate the flavors. Serve at room temp.