When I changed my diet a few years back, there were a few things I really missed and tuna salad was one of them. That inspired me to create this recipe and I am totally obsessed with it! This dish has become one of my go-to favorite lunches. I make a bowl of it almost every week to have on hand. It’s awesome on top of salad greens or in a wrap topped with micro sprouts!
There is no “tuna” in this yummy salad, but take my word for it, you won’t miss it!
- 1 can/box of chick peas, rinsed and mashed
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup watermelon radish OR 1/4 cup red pepper chopped
- 1 medium sized pickle (dill or half sour) chopped
- 2 tablespoons Veganaise (vegan mayonnaise)
- Pinch of sea salt
- Sprinkle of fresh thyme or dill
Mix all ingredients together for a great and easy snack.
Eat plain or serve on a collard leaf or butter lettuce leaf (use these leaves to form a wrap), as a side dish with sliced baby tomatoes, or on celery stalks.